Radiation Technologies, Inc. (RTI) is a woman-owned small business that provides research, development and professional services to government, university, and industry customers. RTI was founded in 1990 by a small group of engineers and scientists who brought with them extensive experience in the design, development, and integration of both ground- and space-based sensor systems.
Dr. Penny Haskins
Ph.D., Nuclear Physics
John E. McKisson
MSEE, Electrical Engineering
Previous experience of the principals has included development, construction, and operation of space flight instrumentation, material analysis, radiation detection and safety systems. Instruments have been fielded in underwater applications, nuclear waste facilities, a wide variety of research laboratories and commercial production facilities. Systems have ranged in scale from hand-held devices to drum scanning systems.
Coincidence data acquisition has long been an area of expertise for RTI. Beta-Gamma coincidence spectroscopy, Compton suppression and cosmic ray shielding applications are examples of systems in which timing plays a critical role. Multiparameter and list mode data acquisition which has found increased applications is another area in which we offer long experience and expertise.
Integration of capable data acquisition systems often implies the use of embedded computers or microcontroller systems. RTI’s experience with embedded systems and the requisite interfaces allows us to meet customer requirements with a wide range of options from Programmable Logic Controllers to simple microprocessors.
RTI also has been producing a number of standard products that have spun off from our customer-driven design and development activities. High voltage power supplies and a multi-channel multidimensional data acquisition are two examples of instrument families which have found wide applicability in other areas.
· Aft flight deck power panel simulator for Shuttle crew payload training activities.
· Compact 32-channel data acquisition and telemetry system for Loki-Dart class sounding rocket.
· Data acquisition software for high speed multi-spectrum scaler in multiparameter data system.
· Detector cable harness interconnect system for Shuttle flight ops procedure simplification.
· Enclosure modifications, heat sink, and power system for Shuttle middeck experiment.
· Polysomnography device (sleep apnea monitor).
· Microprocessor control for goniometer drive for laser particle levitation system.
· Miniature low noise HV bias supply for germanium gamma-ray detector.
· Motor control system for automated remote target positioning in microwave experiments.
· Particle launcher signal generator for laser micro-particle levitation system.
· Power supplies and power control system for Shuttle payload bay experiment.
· Remote cryogenic fluid level monitor for storage tanks (dial-up monitoring system).
· System for fast-response post-landing gamma radiation survey of Shuttle orbiter.
· System for multi-detector whole-spacecraft radiation survey for LDEF post-return.
· VME and CAMAC interface software for Macintosh data acquisition.
· VME-based telemetry and command interface boards for high altitude balloon system.
· VME bus dual CPU watchdog timer-controller and bus controller/arbiter exchange system.
· VME bus programmable DMA control interface for multiple spectroscopy ADC cards.